<$BlogRSDUrl$>
*Names have been changed (slightly) to protect identity
Feedback accepted graciously (no violence involved, i swear)
Disclaimer: All events and proceedings related to this site are fictitious. Any association to current affairs is ENTIRELY coincidental...Completely coincidental
(Ha, that'll keep those with libel in mind happy. or dead)

Sunday, August 10, 2003

Prague- The city where you encounter dancing hobos, Justin lookalikes and German guys and the Tourists reign supreme.

Prague was great. It’s a city full of culture, architecture and TOURISTS. The place is teaming with tourists! Its wonderful when you know that you’re not the only that’s studying the map in the middle of the street. Also once you know your way around quite well you have a strange desire to laugh and scorn at the new tourists who are scrutinising their maps and scratching their heads confusedly…. Just me? Ok then.
Tourists are great. It’s so relieving to hear a Brit accent once in a while! I was “konichiwa–ed” (spelling) several times so I just replied in my “well proper” English accent – “You wot?”
There were so many Europeans but most of the tourists were German. No, german boys in fact. Rats, one of the languages I cant say, “You are Fit-t!” in.
Heh, talking of German boys. I got to the Airport in Prague and whilst queing for passport control, in the queue next to me was a whole school (about 30 lol) of german boys. I think they were some kind of sports team as they were all wearing shorts and had toned muscles. Hey hey. Lol, all the other queues were neatly behind the white line as the signs had said. (In Czech, English, French, Spanish, German and every other language under the sun) However, all the German dudes were piling over the line in their thousands each equipped with a big rod. (Heh forgot to mention they had hockey/lacrosse stick things with them). Ive decided I'm going to teach myself German…. and Czech, and Swedish, and Nordic, and Polish, and Greek lol, its going to be a busy summer.

Trust me to go to Prague in the heat-wave. I heard it got to around 30 degrees in England. Well in Prague it was 35  However, the hot weather meant one thing, topless dudes. And, if I'm lucky, topless dudes in shorts. (NB my condition has been described as “hormonal” apparently.) It was soooo hot and hardly any of the decent shops have air conditioning.
Talking of shops. OMG the Mango in Prague is hu-owge! Its like a converted town hall. No Joke. I even took a pic of me at the entrance. Lol, Now I can say I've been to the MK Mango, the Prague Mango and the Barcelona Mango. Wahey, my Mango Pilgrimage has developed!
However, once you step out into the street, you get ambushed by people trying to sell you concert tickets to music recitals. Hehe, there was a man called Juba. Yes, we did in fact go to one and I actually kinda fell asleep. I was in the front row as well LOL. Not my fault tho, it was hot and it was actually the Twilight Hour in England. (for those of you who don’t know what my Twilight Hour is, it’s the period between 2:50 and 3pm that I suddenly become incredibly drowsy in. Yes, some of you have observed this at school)

One of my best memories of Prague was the street artists. We stood for an hour watching a dude called Jimmy sing, play guitar, drum and harmonica AT THE SAME TIME. It was great cos he was American and kept singing songs in English! He soon had 100 or so people gathered around in a huge circle clapping and singing along. However, the mood rapidly changed when a random tramp got up and started dancing and miming in the middle of the circle. At first we thought he was part of the act (a very strange part of the act seeing that he kept pretending to pump something into his veins.) But then Jimmy stopped singing and gestured at him to get lost cos he was in front of Jimmy’s guitar case (money pot) and was everybody was too scared shitless to go and put money in.
So drunk-random-hobo-dude sat down after another dance (BTW, I must demonstrate these dances to you guys some day. Lol, strange how I can easily picture myself pratting about in the b-park looking like a fool…)
One nice thing tho, someone got up and gave the hobo a coin and the hobo put in Jimmy’s case. Ha, blatant cry for attention. OOOH, whilst I was stood there, I was surrounded by 2 Justin Timberlake lookalikes. One was N-Sync, curly hair JT and the other was post N-sync. Hell, a lot of guys looked like JT. Maybe it’s a German-Czech thing.
Oh dear, I've prattled on for quite a bit now so I’ll end with my fave phrases that I was asked.
(On a pub menu board) “ We offer many specialities of cold and warm kitchen” - *confused*
(On the plane) “Coffee, please? Coffee, please?” (instead of would you like some coffee?) -may I note they shove the pot right in your face while asking. Yes, the pot is full of HOT liquid and the plane is rather unsteady, its enough to petrify even the bravest.

That’s about it for Prague. I'm going to Pisa on Tuesday, maybe my newly acquired German phrase will help. (phrase, not phrases, I haven’t had time lol) Hmm Pisa is in Italy, maybe I should learn some Italian first?
Have a nice rest-of-your-summer-hols

PS. I got a respectable tan so goodbye pasty white skin and hello sunburn! Lol, actually I was clever, factor 25 and no burns. Yay!


# posted by Unknown @ 8/10/2003 02:14:00 pm
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Quotable Quotes about the site from the MYNSIL readers


"If i were a tree.... this is where i'd be"

"eeeeeep!!!"

"If watermelons could talk.... "

"I used to watch paint dry until I found your blog, then I found a new meaning of bordem"

"Have actually been to your site now- is good, I think"

"Hell without the pointy things"

"...is very good and not at all uninteresting"

"I thought this was the queue (spelling) for the ice-cream "

"Its wikid"

"indeed i like lol, thats y i rd it wenever summin new comes out lol"

"I like being famousish"

"Your website keeps me sane" - (WTF?LOL)

"Zoe is a jolly good example of English manners and Decency"

"...a secret agent in the happy andrex puppy world who wishes to infiltrate this hapiness and let them see the true light" -thats Raz about me ...

"I really like the link to the immature rude words my favourite is K for Kangaroo Spunk"

"Yes one haas done a Zoe and eaten too many E numbers and now ich bin hyper"

"Shine on you crazy diamond!"