<$BlogRSDUrl$>
*Names have been changed (slightly) to protect identity
Feedback accepted graciously (no violence involved, i swear)
Disclaimer: All events and proceedings related to this site are fictitious. Any association to current affairs is ENTIRELY coincidental...Completely coincidental
(Ha, that'll keep those with libel in mind happy. or dead)

Saturday, October 25, 2003

Well, last night I went to see the play and to be honest, it was nothing short of abso-fucking-lutely amazing.
OK, starting with Our Day Out.
Stride and Goody were wicked as the kind Mrs Kay and the bossy Mr Briggs (hey, I'm alliterating here, people!) Accents and all, these people are great. Special mention must go to Becky Scanlon who I must say made me jump when she almost fell off the “cliff” – and don’t say I was getting too into it, someone else did too …. probably.
Anyway, highlights being Ward’s sudden desire to strip and go swimming and his interesting fall into the sea. That was quite amusing. I must say the accents were pretty interesting yet we weren’t sure of Colin’s accent so we called it “Scoirishudlian”. Seeing Gopsill trying to look uncomfortable was history in the making as iv never seen him anything but confident. Dave, our dear Dave was a regular little Ronson, and we were all shocked as Dave is usually seen as... well... perfect and .... not interested in animals like that lol.
Then came the interval and Stophig reprimanded me for hinting that we go and pick up the sweets that were lying in front of us on the floor.
Now, Educating Rita..
One word – breathtaking. It completely blew me away. Kinky’s skill in the way she walked, the way she talked, the way she … well... acted, words can not describe. Foster was simply brilliant as the bitter Frank, the failed poet and his drunk scene was hilarious. Hmm, note to self, must try and get Foster drunk for real to see what he’s really like when he’s pissed , I wonder if he would be “off his cake”? Hehe, memorable lines from Educating Rita – “Look at those tits!” and “Its not like I'm going to rape you in the middle of the seagull!”
Isn’t it so neck-throttling-frustrating that Kinky still manages to look acceptable in a bright jumper and black 3/4 leggings? And was it only me laughing at the irony of Foster having to make that crack about Fosters and E.M Forster? Yes, most probably…
Anyway, all in all, it was a great night and I felt incredibly untalented and amateurish when talking to the budding actors and actresses afterwards.
Anyway, despite the many highlights, one of the best bits I have to say was Gopsill stating proudly “I'm not like you ugly gets… I'm *pause*… HANDSOME!”
Congrats once again to the amazing cast members and I'm sure I'm speaking on behalf of us all when I say, thank you for such an entertaining evening. I now have a sudden desire to take up Drama...


# posted by Unknown @ 10/25/2003 03:22:00 pm
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Quotable Quotes about the site from the MYNSIL readers


"If i were a tree.... this is where i'd be"

"eeeeeep!!!"

"If watermelons could talk.... "

"I used to watch paint dry until I found your blog, then I found a new meaning of bordem"

"Have actually been to your site now- is good, I think"

"Hell without the pointy things"

"...is very good and not at all uninteresting"

"I thought this was the queue (spelling) for the ice-cream "

"Its wikid"

"indeed i like lol, thats y i rd it wenever summin new comes out lol"

"I like being famousish"

"Your website keeps me sane" - (WTF?LOL)

"Zoe is a jolly good example of English manners and Decency"

"...a secret agent in the happy andrex puppy world who wishes to infiltrate this hapiness and let them see the true light" -thats Raz about me ...

"I really like the link to the immature rude words my favourite is K for Kangaroo Spunk"

"Yes one haas done a Zoe and eaten too many E numbers and now ich bin hyper"

"Shine on you crazy diamond!"