<$BlogRSDUrl$>
*Names have been changed (slightly) to protect identity
Feedback accepted graciously (no violence involved, i swear)
Disclaimer: All events and proceedings related to this site are fictitious. Any association to current affairs is ENTIRELY coincidental...Completely coincidental
(Ha, that'll keep those with libel in mind happy. or dead)

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Well… we wanted snow…

Bejeesus Christ, I got home just after six. That’s right six o clock. It all started when me n Jim were on the bus.
He got a call from his mother who said that it was snowing heavily in MK. We looked out the window, we were just about to enter Stoke Hammond. Then, almost as if we had stepped into a different world, the sky went dark and thick fog swirled around us. However, on a closer look we realised that the "fog" was in fact snow. Thick snow. Thick heavy snow. YAY!
And the phone lines were all down. If i hera "Sorry, network busy" one more time ...
OK, 5 snow filled minutes later we were slowly cruising down the A5. Then smoke started coming out the back seat. Uh-oh. Bad memories of December 3rd!!! You know the time the bus was on fire and had to stop in the middle of the A5 and we all had to get out. (If you don’t know see December the 3rd entry here)
The smoke smelled funny and there were screams of panic from the drama queens downstairs and some interesting shrieks of "THE BUS IS ON FIRE!" "WE’R GONNA DIE!" from the Year 789’s.

Anyway, even though the smoke was not so good (we had a discussion of whether it was Carbon Monoxide or not), we all hoped we wouldn’t have to get off because it was blizzard conditions out there- no joke, it was so thick we mistook it for fog.
SO yeah, the bus is chuggin along and FINALLY! It gets to my stop. WOOOOAR. 30 minutes late but woooar!
I step outside. Fall into snowdrift, as the whiteness is DECEIVEING I tell you! It looks shallow but its really 5 feet deep. Well, actually it was 2 1/2 inches and don’t ask me how I know because I'm getting to that part. Basically the snow was very deep.
Then the five of us decided to have an impromptu snowball fight and I ended up with a grated iceberg down my neck which I have to say was rather unpleasant (I'm going to get you Richard Fenner, I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE – really I do)
Then the urchins had to go home so I went into the bus shelter. It was 5 o clock. I’d already phoned my dad to tell him to come and pick me up so I went into the bus shelter and waited …… and waited …… and waited.
10 minutes went past, I was getting rather cold so I took to pacing up and down to keep my spirits and heart rate high. (See I listen in PE).
15 minutes. I get a call from my dad. He’s only just managed to leave the house. Wooo.
20 minutes in I'm immensely bored and decide to go and randomly make a snow angel. Hey, I'm bored ok?!
25 minutes later there is a nice Zoe-shaped imprint on the hill with Z-O-B scrawled hastily underneath. (The E- fucked up a bit lol)
27 minutes later I am numb. I am bored. I am numbingly bored. I phone a friend. (I win 32 thousand pounds)
36 minutes later I am numb. I am not so bored. I am numbingly not so bored. I take to jumping up and down and flapping my arms.
36 minutes and 6 seconds later I realise I look like a prat (no sarcastic comments please) Jumping up and down and flapping of arms ceases.
So I waited and waited. Then FINALLY!!!! THE CAR TURNS UP!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE
At 17:49 the car appears and I pile in only to be greeted by “phwooar its cold outside – you been waiting long?”
Like you wouldn’t believe.
It then takes us a further 10 minutes to undertake what was essentially a 4 minutes journey tops.
I am numb. I am sniffling. I am hungry. I am shivering. I am probably dying. But most importantly. I am home.
Iv only just begun to appreciate airing cupboards and socks.

Ergh, my mother thinks I should get school trousers. *bang* Sorry, I'm not THAT stylish.


# posted by Unknown @ 1/28/2004 06:56:00 pm
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Quotable Quotes about the site from the MYNSIL readers


"If i were a tree.... this is where i'd be"

"eeeeeep!!!"

"If watermelons could talk.... "

"I used to watch paint dry until I found your blog, then I found a new meaning of bordem"

"Have actually been to your site now- is good, I think"

"Hell without the pointy things"

"...is very good and not at all uninteresting"

"I thought this was the queue (spelling) for the ice-cream "

"Its wikid"

"indeed i like lol, thats y i rd it wenever summin new comes out lol"

"I like being famousish"

"Your website keeps me sane" - (WTF?LOL)

"Zoe is a jolly good example of English manners and Decency"

"...a secret agent in the happy andrex puppy world who wishes to infiltrate this hapiness and let them see the true light" -thats Raz about me ...

"I really like the link to the immature rude words my favourite is K for Kangaroo Spunk"

"Yes one haas done a Zoe and eaten too many E numbers and now ich bin hyper"

"Shine on you crazy diamond!"