<$BlogRSDUrl$>
*Names have been changed (slightly) to protect identity
Feedback accepted graciously (no violence involved, i swear)
Disclaimer: All events and proceedings related to this site are fictitious. Any association to current affairs is ENTIRELY coincidental...Completely coincidental
(Ha, that'll keep those with libel in mind happy. or dead)

Sunday, March 14, 2004

Hmm I have nothing much to blg about today so I thought, hey I’ll blog after dinner.
Contrary to my disgust that a lot of people think I eat roast duck, pancakes and egg fried rice every night, tonight I had roast duck and pancakes and egg fried rice.
May I add it says serves 6 on the packet but hehehe, not in THIS household. We all managed to consume everything but the packaging. All three of us.
I had two bags of popcorn whilst watching Brother Bear today. (Its a dude film I CRIED! Its a bit like Ice Age what with all the talking animals and cavemen and spears - and ice, theres a lot of ice.) Oh god it’s a wonder I'm not obese.
Apparently according to Hollis, one day I will wake up and I’ll be fat. I quote
“Wow, wouldn’t it be cool if like one day like, you got up and it was like WHOOMPH!”
Yes Hollis. Cool indeed….

Thought of the day.
Why does pate cause such a conflict in my household?
Subject – Ardennes Pate
I think Ardennes is in France.
They think Ardennes is in Belgium.
I know for a fact that Ardennes is in France because I'm doing French food for my French oral and I'm speaking for 15 minutes about all the different regions and all that jazz. Oh its so great when I can rub in my superior intellect in their face. That rarely happens because there will ALWAYS be a reason why they are wrong. Even if there’s only a really tiny possibility of that reason actually being realistic.
However, this time was different.
I went and got the offending pate product and showed them the packaging where it was marked “PRODUCT OF FRANCE”
But nooo that was not good enough for them, it could have been “a printing error”.
*shakes head sadly*
But people must be corrected. *evil smile* (Dontcha just love putting your rentals in their place?)
I went and got my French book and read (in my newscaster voice)
“This industrial region in North France is well known for potatoes, hops, wheat and chicory. Potatoes are an important part of the diet in Ardennes, as in neighbouring Belgium-“
“SEE! Its right near Belgium! That’s what we said!”
“No, you said it was IN Belgium”
“*pause* Maybe there’s an Ardennes in Belgium? Where they make pate. Because you didn’t mention-“
“Thrushes and wild boar are hunted in this area and the game is turned into pates and roasts”
“*pause* Are you sure there isnt an Ardennes in Belgium?”

*hits head*
When will people give up?!


# posted by Unknown @ 3/14/2004 07:43:00 pm
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Quotable Quotes about the site from the MYNSIL readers


"If i were a tree.... this is where i'd be"

"eeeeeep!!!"

"If watermelons could talk.... "

"I used to watch paint dry until I found your blog, then I found a new meaning of bordem"

"Have actually been to your site now- is good, I think"

"Hell without the pointy things"

"...is very good and not at all uninteresting"

"I thought this was the queue (spelling) for the ice-cream "

"Its wikid"

"indeed i like lol, thats y i rd it wenever summin new comes out lol"

"I like being famousish"

"Your website keeps me sane" - (WTF?LOL)

"Zoe is a jolly good example of English manners and Decency"

"...a secret agent in the happy andrex puppy world who wishes to infiltrate this hapiness and let them see the true light" -thats Raz about me ...

"I really like the link to the immature rude words my favourite is K for Kangaroo Spunk"

"Yes one haas done a Zoe and eaten too many E numbers and now ich bin hyper"

"Shine on you crazy diamond!"