<$BlogRSDUrl$>
*Names have been changed (slightly) to protect identity
Feedback accepted graciously (no violence involved, i swear)
Disclaimer: All events and proceedings related to this site are fictitious. Any association to current affairs is ENTIRELY coincidental...Completely coincidental
(Ha, that'll keep those with libel in mind happy. or dead)

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Its that time of year again. Yes folks. It’s the EUROVISION SONG CONTEST!
The time of year where tackyness and Terry Wogan rules supreme
OK,id just finished my dinner when suddenly I remembered- so I ran out to the lounge, and caught it just in time for number 22 out of 24.
However I caught the “highlights” and heres my run down

Starting with Espana – FIT singer. Nice Enrigque thing going on there.
Austria – They went for some boyband , 3SL meets Boyzone kinda thing and were obviously trying to show off the fact that they could harmonize
Norway and France both went for solo male singers – very Gareth-esque.
Serbia- sounded quite epic and reminded me a bit of Lord Of the Rings .. somehow..
Netherlands went for some twin thing?? I dunno, two blokes with hobbit hair and a guitar. Not so interesting.
Malta - LOL thought of Smooshmoose and his maltese pride. But it looks to be a “trois point” earner tops.
Germany – Well from what I saw it wasn’t that … good. Entertaining yes. From what I could see it was a middle aged man trying to do a Bee Gees impression?
Ukraine – Very Shakira-ry, tribal, what with the whole, I'm gonna toss my head this way! Now THIS way!
Croatia- Just like Germany except with a tenuous grasp on pitch?
Bosnia – Errrgh, just the thing I expect will be hitting the shops with a “Club Dance Remix”
Belgium- First thing that came to mind when I saw the clip was – another Romania. (see what I mean later)
Russia- Points for topless men. That’s it.
Greece- Well, they learnt sex sells at least.
Iceland- Just like Norway have gone for the solo male power ballad.
Ireland – Written by Bryan McFadden, theyv gone for the same route as Norway, Iceland and France. Gareth would be proud.
Poland – first thing my mother said was – WHAT IS SHE WEARING? To answer that. Not that much.
UK – From what saw it was ok, a bit slow, happy la la. But hes in tune and he’s playing the guitar so he appears extra talented.
Cyprus- The girl is only 16. And from what I heard it was pretty good. I'm thinking quite high.
Turkey – Well not that good considering that the singer thinks hes a mini Fred Durst and is repeating the same lyrics over and over again but with a different tune. I want to break you up or something?
Romania – Hmmm, I think we’ve got a case of 1998s Israeli winner who was in fact a transvestite.
Sweden- So so song. But shes singing about how it hurts yet has a happy face on? Plus shes being very suggestive with that pole!

And yes. I think that’s it. Now taking into account Iv only seen 3 songs and the rest were 10 second clips, heres my predictions.

Norway
Cyprus
France
UK
Iceland
Spain
Sweden
Serbia

Last place? Ermm... probs Romania? Bosnia Herzegovina? I dunno
Rough guess.
But then again they may vote all "political" so its anyones guess. Hmm, I'm gonna go run back to the telly now as Chaz says I'm missing out on “weird turkish riverdance men”
Ooooh.


# posted by Unknown @ 5/15/2004 09:07:00 pm
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Quotable Quotes about the site from the MYNSIL readers


"If i were a tree.... this is where i'd be"

"eeeeeep!!!"

"If watermelons could talk.... "

"I used to watch paint dry until I found your blog, then I found a new meaning of bordem"

"Have actually been to your site now- is good, I think"

"Hell without the pointy things"

"...is very good and not at all uninteresting"

"I thought this was the queue (spelling) for the ice-cream "

"Its wikid"

"indeed i like lol, thats y i rd it wenever summin new comes out lol"

"I like being famousish"

"Your website keeps me sane" - (WTF?LOL)

"Zoe is a jolly good example of English manners and Decency"

"...a secret agent in the happy andrex puppy world who wishes to infiltrate this hapiness and let them see the true light" -thats Raz about me ...

"I really like the link to the immature rude words my favourite is K for Kangaroo Spunk"

"Yes one haas done a Zoe and eaten too many E numbers and now ich bin hyper"

"Shine on you crazy diamond!"