<$BlogRSDUrl$>
*Names have been changed (slightly) to protect identity
Feedback accepted graciously (no violence involved, i swear)
Disclaimer: All events and proceedings related to this site are fictitious. Any association to current affairs is ENTIRELY coincidental...Completely coincidental
(Ha, that'll keep those with libel in mind happy. or dead)

Friday, August 13, 2004

Olympics Madness

I dont know why but I sat through about 70% of the 3 and a half hours of the Olympics opening ceremony. Hey, it only happens once every four years. Well, tahts my excuse for now anyway....
As as Olympics opening ceremonies go, it wasnt half bad actually. I liked the beginning with the big timeline and all the people who looked like wooden dolls and stuff, but have to admit, got reeeeally bored of seeing all the countries coming out. I seriously applaud ANYONE who sat through ALL of the countries coming out. Anyone?
Then Bjork cam out and did her thing, tho being honest I couldn't make out many of the lyrics except for "Your sweat is salt-eeee" which im sure wasnt a true reflection of the rest of the lyrics. Hopefully. Yes.
And then the torch was lit and the fireworks went off. Very pretty. Though its made me think. A lot of money has obviously gone into this. I mean, the torch will burn continuously for about 16 days right? That's got to cost quite a bit to keep that monster flame going (imagine that on a car like in "Pimp My Ride"- sweeeet) And dont even get me started on the environmental issues that involves!
Personally, my favourite Olympic thing to watch is the athletics, the gymnastics and the swimming (ok ok, it was for Ian Thorpe but hey)
I bet half of you didnt even watch it (better things to do I guess?) but I have to say, since its a once-every-four-years thing, the Olympics beats the Commonwealth hands down. Oh wait... the Commonwealth games are once every four years too. Bugger, there goes my reasoning...
Conclusion: Olympics wheee!

PS, noticed that the Athens Olympics Committee is ATHOC and my random thought was, if the United Kingdom had one, it would be UKOC. Pronounce as you will.


# posted by Unknown @ 8/13/2004 10:36:00 pm
Comments:
Great work!
[url=http://swxqhnqc.com/iiov/zbeb.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ogzqeviq.com/rowk/linz.html]Cool site[/url]
 
Good design!
My homepage | Please visit
 
Thank you!
http://swxqhnqc.com/iiov/zbeb.html | http://ubgregff.com/zygq/xjnp.html
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Quotable Quotes about the site from the MYNSIL readers


"If i were a tree.... this is where i'd be"

"eeeeeep!!!"

"If watermelons could talk.... "

"I used to watch paint dry until I found your blog, then I found a new meaning of bordem"

"Have actually been to your site now- is good, I think"

"Hell without the pointy things"

"...is very good and not at all uninteresting"

"I thought this was the queue (spelling) for the ice-cream "

"Its wikid"

"indeed i like lol, thats y i rd it wenever summin new comes out lol"

"I like being famousish"

"Your website keeps me sane" - (WTF?LOL)

"Zoe is a jolly good example of English manners and Decency"

"...a secret agent in the happy andrex puppy world who wishes to infiltrate this hapiness and let them see the true light" -thats Raz about me ...

"I really like the link to the immature rude words my favourite is K for Kangaroo Spunk"

"Yes one haas done a Zoe and eaten too many E numbers and now ich bin hyper"

"Shine on you crazy diamond!"