<$BlogRSDUrl$>
*Names have been changed (slightly) to protect identity
Feedback accepted graciously (no violence involved, i swear)
Disclaimer: All events and proceedings related to this site are fictitious. Any association to current affairs is ENTIRELY coincidental...Completely coincidental
(Ha, that'll keep those with libel in mind happy. or dead)

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Home Sweet Home.. (I need to get out more)

Meesus its been a while hasn’t it? Wow, with an average of what 3 posts a week? I have roughly 10 posts to catch up on. Something tells me this is going to be long.
Hold onto your hats (the emergency exits are here, here and here)

Well first of all I planned to write a blog before I went on holiday but that splendidly backfired when I realised that about 90% of my packing hadn’t actually been done. Hence it was as if I’d, quote a MYNSIL reader, "upped and vanished" lol

Flew over to Hong Kong , as you do, to spend a few weeks there and it. was. great. *big smile* Its one of those cities that "never sleeps" and everything there just makes so much sense (apart from the stuff in Chinese where I was like EH? SAY WOT? ).

Its hard to describe, but even in the small town I went to, it was just one of those places, that had everything. Yet it was smaller than Aylesbury. I think the fact that everyone is packed UP not OUT makes such a difference as literally you could just walk over the road and suddenly hit the shops which – for your FYI – are EVERYWHERE.

Gosh there was so much I don’t know where to start really. Fabulous weather – just right for T-shirt conditions without it being bare sunny. Wow I just said the word bare.


Let’s pretend I didn’t.

Moving on! This time we went on a holiday within a holiday. Lets see if ya can get your head around that huh huh? Went to China for a whirlwind tour for 5 days. Was rather good, the scenery is just amazing.
Seriously, it was like something out of the movies as by the lakeside, a group of 5 people performed flawless tai-chi in unison. The traditional chinese music gently floated in the breeze as the birds sang from the blossom trees above. Petals floating onto the water, the smell of incense in the air.
The music stopped, the people stretched and said "Right let’s go to Starbucks!"

And there it was, less than 10 feet away from them, the giant STARBUCKS sign loomed out from behind the blossom trees.

Just goes to show, even in a quiet, cultural Chinese village, Starbucks IS
everywhere.

To be honest, I’m writing this blog about a week late so the urge to blog about the holiday has quickly subsided. In fact, iv been back two days and I’v already got so many humiliating tales to tell you all. So let’s be brief.
Holiday was great. Bought loads. Food was great. Went to China. China was great. Oh and there was a shop called Wanko which I found, you guessed it, GREAT. (and highly amusing and uber cheap)
Had hair cut and coloured- also uber cheap!
Also, im actually rather tall in HK. All the women are like hobbit sized.
But omg, and this ones for the girls, this is a picture of my future husband. Though he speaks minimal English.

I don’t think it will work out.

ANnway, that will do for today, I need to be slowly weaned back onto my daily blog intake. Lol "weaned".

PS I am now the QUEEN of hailing a taxi in Chinese. It involves me standing in the road hoping that they'll break in time.



# posted by Unknown @ 4/14/2005 09:00:00 pm
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Quotable Quotes about the site from the MYNSIL readers


"If i were a tree.... this is where i'd be"

"eeeeeep!!!"

"If watermelons could talk.... "

"I used to watch paint dry until I found your blog, then I found a new meaning of bordem"

"Have actually been to your site now- is good, I think"

"Hell without the pointy things"

"...is very good and not at all uninteresting"

"I thought this was the queue (spelling) for the ice-cream "

"Its wikid"

"indeed i like lol, thats y i rd it wenever summin new comes out lol"

"I like being famousish"

"Your website keeps me sane" - (WTF?LOL)

"Zoe is a jolly good example of English manners and Decency"

"...a secret agent in the happy andrex puppy world who wishes to infiltrate this hapiness and let them see the true light" -thats Raz about me ...

"I really like the link to the immature rude words my favourite is K for Kangaroo Spunk"

"Yes one haas done a Zoe and eaten too many E numbers and now ich bin hyper"

"Shine on you crazy diamond!"