<$BlogRSDUrl$>
*Names have been changed (slightly) to protect identity
Feedback accepted graciously (no violence involved, i swear)
Disclaimer: All events and proceedings related to this site are fictitious. Any association to current affairs is ENTIRELY coincidental...Completely coincidental
(Ha, that'll keep those with libel in mind happy. or dead)

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

"Your personal statement is 1 character too long to be saved."

You have GOT to be kidding.

Yes, I know, its been about a MONTH. Finally my blog hiatus (you know how i feel about that word) has come to an end. My reason? Jog on good reader, jog on...

And here we approach another stage of our lives – the application to University. Like Year 9’s looking to the GCSE’s, Year 11’s looking towards no uniform, the application to University presents a brand new benchmark.

And its BOLLOCKS.

Seriously, first of all I was asked to do a draft over the summer holidays – NOT LIKELY. Can you believe summer was less than a month ago? Back at school for a month today and for some strange reason I’m in the CHRISTMAS MOOD!
Not that I don’t bum Christmas. Who doesn’t? (Apart from Spangus – Lord of “let’s despise everything” :D )

Of course, then again I could be influenced by my recent community involvement… AHS is doing compulsory voluntary work (an oxymoron in itself Im sure) and basically I’ve been assigned work at St Josephs. Not only is it little kids. It’s INFANTS! *rubs hands in glee* And they are SO cute.
Okay okay okay, I know I’m not meant to think like this, but I much rather work at the infant school purely because at that age (4-7), they have a good grasp on the difference between make believe and reality yet they’re too innocent to get assertive on yo ass.
Don’t you just hate little kids who think they know EVERYTHING and must force their opinion on you?! Well, yes I know we were all young once blah blah blah but I mean, I say if you’re going to be aggressive, at least do it properly! Half the time they just give you a dismissive look. What ever happened to the world wide declarations of “So and so’s my ENEMY” etc etc

Good ole days…

ANYWAY we were making Christmas cards last Thursday. Reindeers, Santa, usual malarkey (except this year apparently its very Elf- focused – Quote. Elf, Elfie, Elfette – its like the Smurfs Go To The North Pole or something - and apparently silver is "skin colour" at St Josephs. I suggested pink and they gave me "the look of death"tm )

Its true when they say, you dont know what you got til its gone. Within 45 minutes they were off on their lunch and I was left alone in the classroom. My job?
"Oooh, could you help us sharpen all the pencils?"
No problem.

However 50 MILLION pencils later, I wished I was back colouring silver skinned Santas. Just picutre it people. Me, sitting ALONE in a classroom. And a little kids classroom at that - so that means mini chairs, mini tables and lots of crayons lying about.
So there's me sitting with my knees by my ears on this mini set of chairs, sharpening away... and some more. FOR HALF AN HOUR.
I've never sharpened so many pencils before - I've got a groove in my thumb as a sign of my efforts. Bastards.

Anyway, onto other news...
As many of you know, the faithful comment system will be closing. I shall be moving into the future with a commenting system as provided by Blogger. Installing it now gives me time to paste the old comments into the new system. So from now this post on, COMMENT IN THE NEW SYSTEM. Good boys and girls.
(And if anyone wants to help me by copy and pasting the old comments into the new sections - FEEL FREEEEEEEEEE and I'll owe you sexual favours)

Must go - my personal statement was due in last Friday. I say MEH.


# posted by Unknown @ 10/05/2005 09:14:00 pm
Comments:
Whayhey! A new blog at last! I was starting to think MY life was insane...
Know just what you mean about the 4-7 year olds. I have a nephew and niece that age. Unfortunatly, they're not always so lacking in assertiveness. But I guess that's how they become...us.
 
jog on!! :-D
 
Haha, 'compulsory voluntary work'. Our school makes SO much sense. Glad you're having fun with your CVW, mine don't want me haha. :'(

Emma Al xxxxx
 
Lol our school sucks. Oh yeah does anyone have any pics from Jo and Hattie's 18th? I haven't seen any so someone pleeeeeeease upload them onto the orange locker or something. cheers elise xxx
 
Am soooooo glad my compulsary voluntary work doesn't involve children *shudder* I don't know how you do it Zoe...
 
Well to be honest, my work doesnt really involve the children. It's mainly "blade and lead" focused...

But I DID do some reading with some of the kids... I miss those books :(
 
Lol 'blade and lead focused'...sounds lethal. I miss primary school, it was so much fun.
 
I agree I miss being young + carefree
 
I miss Biff and Chip books! (or am I alone on that one??!!)
 
weren't those comics? i remember reading that in either the dandy or the beano. oh the good old days indeed!
 
ear y a hbobmobmombmbeipeipniepneinpnppnpesinjjflkdjflkdjlksdjklsdjklsdfove jim i lob
 
ear y a hbobmobmombmbeipeipniepneinpnppnpesinjjflkdjflkdjlksdjklsdjklsdfove jim i lob
 
ear y a hbobmobmombmbeipeipniepneinpnppnpesinjjflkdjflkdjlksdjklsdjklsdfove jim i lob
 
ear y a hbobmobmombmbeipeipniepneinpnppnpesinjjflkdjflkdjlksdjklsdjklsdfove jy=
 
ear y a hbobmobmombmbeipeipniepneinpnppnpesinjjflkdjflkdjlksdjklsdjklsdfove j=
 
ear y a hbobmobmombmbeipeipniepneinpnppnpesinjjflkdjflkdjlksdjklsdjklsdfove j
 
ear y a hbobmobmombmbeipeipniepneinpnppnpesinjjflkdjflkdjlksdjklsdjklsdfove jden=Blogger
 
ear y a hbobmobmombmbeipeipniepneinpnppnpesinjjflkdjflkdjlksdjklsdjklsdfove jstBody=
 
ear y a hbobmobmombmbeipeipniepneinpnppnpesinjjflkdjflkdjlksdjklsdjklsdfove jblaming Blogger....
 
ear y a hbobmobmombmbeipeipniepneinpnppnpesinjjflkdjflkdjlksdjklsdjklsdfove j! Why didn't you get me one?

I hope you like my hair now. Is it to your preference? to y
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Lol Charlotte you ARE weird. Not like we had a fight over the keyboard which resulted in the above "message" or anything like that.
Not at all.

(Lol, for those who weren't quite sure - yes we had a fight for control of the keyboard. And yes, the use of my forehead was what helped me to win...)

New blogs soon maybe. It's been a humiliating week.
 
The comments were at 27 yesterday. Now theyre at 23 hows that possible? tell me that!
 
careface
 
Dude someones bitter. Anyway write another blog cos i need a laugh but not at you or anything. Hope people are having a cool holiday.
Matt
 
Not sure if you were being random or drunk just now on MSN - "Hey Flik, I lub joo flooface".
It confused me.
Flik
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Quotable Quotes about the site from the MYNSIL readers


"If i were a tree.... this is where i'd be"

"eeeeeep!!!"

"If watermelons could talk.... "

"I used to watch paint dry until I found your blog, then I found a new meaning of bordem"

"Have actually been to your site now- is good, I think"

"Hell without the pointy things"

"...is very good and not at all uninteresting"

"I thought this was the queue (spelling) for the ice-cream "

"Its wikid"

"indeed i like lol, thats y i rd it wenever summin new comes out lol"

"I like being famousish"

"Your website keeps me sane" - (WTF?LOL)

"Zoe is a jolly good example of English manners and Decency"

"...a secret agent in the happy andrex puppy world who wishes to infiltrate this hapiness and let them see the true light" -thats Raz about me ...

"I really like the link to the immature rude words my favourite is K for Kangaroo Spunk"

"Yes one haas done a Zoe and eaten too many E numbers and now ich bin hyper"

"Shine on you crazy diamond!"