<$BlogRSDUrl$>
*Names have been changed (slightly) to protect identity
Feedback accepted graciously (no violence involved, i swear)
Disclaimer: All events and proceedings related to this site are fictitious. Any association to current affairs is ENTIRELY coincidental...Completely coincidental
(Ha, that'll keep those with libel in mind happy. or dead)

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

*First Day Back At Boots*

YAY!
After two months of "study leave" - but with full use of discount card - I returned to Boots last saturday.

Most of you will have been told, or will have heard about what happened.

To summarise it was a pretty good day. Urban Decay have a new range out - so I was back at the testers lol. The SportWorld team came in for lunch per usual - there's a new addition to the flock. Sportsworld Sidekick. Don't ask. Though, like Sportsworld Fittie, Sportworld Grandad and Sportsworld Token Ginger - i think it's fairly self-explanatory.

Anyway, come the end of the day, we've cleared the store of customers. I've come back to my old job of the 10 and 5-minute announcements of "This is customer announcement.. the time is *** and the store will be closing in * minutes.... etc"

We had finished locking up the tills and were now pulling down the shutters and watching the lights go off one by one. As we were super efficient, not all the rides home had arrived so we hung around outside just talking.

After a few minutes, the last car arrived and The Boots A-team parted ways.

No sooner had I opened the car door, the alarms of the store started going off.
Hmmm, that hadn't happened before.. what's wrong?

And so, we got back out of our cars and walked up to the door to have a look. Even the next door Sportsworlders and Brantanos Boys were wondering what the noise was about.

I thought this was a new deal, something I'd missed having not been here for the past few months - "Err.. why's the alarm going off?"
"I was about to ask the same thing." replies A-Team member with keys.

So there we are, all peering into the store, absolutely clueless at what to do next when suddenly MissD squeals:

"THERE'S SOMEONE STILL IN THE STORE!"

Oh crap.
I thought she was kidding- this has never happened before.

Of course, she was wrong. There wasn't just someone in the store...



There was a whole family.

*hits head*
Doy.

And so, the shutters came up as the father of the family ran up apologising for taking so long in the baby changing room and we hope we didn't stop you from shutting the store early.

No sir. Of course we haven't shut the store yet..... hahah..ha....ha..

And there we go. I'll be telling my grandkids about the time I returned to work only to accidentally leave a father, a mother, a little child AND a pram inside the store on my first day back...

My question is
1) HOW did they fit everyone/thing inside the baby changing room?
2) How were they so quiet for SO long?
3) DO THEY NOT LISTEN TO CUSTOMER ANNOUNCEMENTS?!

But apart from that. No one was hurt. Slight emotional scarring perhaps at the thought of being abandoned in a cosmetics store for the night.
We do toothpaste. It'd be fiiine!


Hahah, til next time.
Also
GOOD LUCK FOR RESULTS TOMORO.
Til then :)


# posted by Unknown @ 3/08/2006 08:00:00 pm
Comments:
Haha that's so funny!

BEEZY!

xxx
 
I love the sports world names, it reminds me of you and alpha in tescos naming the staff as they went past XD
 
I feel sorry for the kid, thats got to be traumatising lol
 
i dont see any deja vu blogs so i reckon your second week back went alright? xxxx L xxxx
 
You're all cruel cruel people.

:D
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Quotable Quotes about the site from the MYNSIL readers


"If i were a tree.... this is where i'd be"

"eeeeeep!!!"

"If watermelons could talk.... "

"I used to watch paint dry until I found your blog, then I found a new meaning of bordem"

"Have actually been to your site now- is good, I think"

"Hell without the pointy things"

"...is very good and not at all uninteresting"

"I thought this was the queue (spelling) for the ice-cream "

"Its wikid"

"indeed i like lol, thats y i rd it wenever summin new comes out lol"

"I like being famousish"

"Your website keeps me sane" - (WTF?LOL)

"Zoe is a jolly good example of English manners and Decency"

"...a secret agent in the happy andrex puppy world who wishes to infiltrate this hapiness and let them see the true light" -thats Raz about me ...

"I really like the link to the immature rude words my favourite is K for Kangaroo Spunk"

"Yes one haas done a Zoe and eaten too many E numbers and now ich bin hyper"

"Shine on you crazy diamond!"